Label Solutions for Food and Beverage
Every packaged food has a label. Your labels need to be legible regardless of the material used or handling it is exposed to and maintain quality at high speeds during the packaging process.
Information that will need to be printed may include:
- Sell-by dates – So products stay fresh on shelves
- Expiration dates – To determine how long a product is consumable for
- Nutritional & ingredient information – To understand what the product contains in case of food allergies, or diet restrictions
- UPC barcodes – To help determine product cost and speedy consumer check out
- Lot codes – Allow proper tracking of products throughout the manufacturing process in the event of a manufacturing default or recall issue
Thermal Transfer Solutions for Food & Beverage Industries
To accomplish what is needed, a reliable print technology solution will have to be selected, and thermal transfer ribbons can be a reliable solution that complies with regulatory requirements. In addition, they will enable you to implement smooth packaging processes.
Requirement needs within your facility may include:
- High-print speeds
- Heat resistance
- Cold resistance
- Abrasion resistance
- And more
This technology can be utilized in meatpacking plants, general food packaging plants, farms, and more.
Food & Beverage Labels Impact Food Safety
Product safety is essential in the food and beverage industry, and consumers want assurance that food is of suitable quality. As a result, federal law in most countries requires certain products to be clearly labeled with detailed information during the manufacturing process and at the finished goods level.
Typical food and beverage applications include:
- Snack foods
- Frozen foods
- Meat, fish, and poultry
- Dairy and eggs
- And more